Visitors to the library who are interested in local history and genealogy are welcome to explore our David H. Prager Memorial Genealogy Department established in 2005. Here you will find:
- The "Freeport Journal" on microfilm 1885-1932
- Various census on microfilm
- Cemetery records (local)
- Free computer access to Ancestors.com
- Birth, death, and marriage records taken from the Freeport Journal
A recent addition to our Genealogy website information has been contributed by Bridget, who found very concise and thorough information on Ellis Island during her research for a school history project.
Useful Genealogy Websites
- www.genealogy.org (federal census records)
- http://www.veritasprep.com/genealogy-resources-by-veritas-prep/ RESOURCE PROVIDED BY "LUKE" A BUDDING GENEALOGIST! THANKS...
- www.homeadvisor.com/r/guide-to-genealogy/.com RESOURCE PROVIDED BY TIM, A 3RD GRADER DOING A SOCIAL STUDIES PROJECT! THANK YOU...
- www.vodien.com/blog/education/getting-started-genealogy-web.php RESOURCE ALSO BY "TIM".....