Visitors to the library who are interested in local history and genealogy are welcome to explore our David H. Prager Memorial Genealogy Department established in 2005. Here you will find:
- The "Freeport Journal" on microfilm 1885-1932
- Various census on microfilm
- Cemetery records (local)
- Free computer access to Ancestors.com
- Birth, death, and marriage records taken from the Freeport Journal
Two recent additions to active genealogy websites that may prove useful for your research..... thanks to those who sent them in!
Other useful Genealogy Websites
- www.genealogy.org (federal census records)
- http://www.veritasprep.com/genealogy-resources-by-veritas-prep/ RESOURCE PROVIDED BY "LUKE" A BUDDING GENEALOGIST! THANKS...
- www.homeadvisor.com/r/guide-to-genealogy/.com RESOURCE PROVIDED BY TIM, A 3RD GRADER DOING A SOCIAL STUDIES PROJECT! THANK YOU...
- www.vodien.com/blog/education/getting-started-genealogy-web.php RESOURCE ALSO BY "TIM".....