We have just received the original journal for the Freeport Cemetery. It is on permanent loan here at the library with entry date of 1864 for the charter. Lots of history in this book..... come see for yourself!
Visitors to the library who are interested in local history and genealogy are welcome to explore our David H. Prager Memorial Genealogy Department established in 2005. Here you will find:
- The "Freeport Journal" on microfilm 1885-1932
- Various census on microfilm
- Cemetery records (local)
- Free computer access to Ancestors.com
- Birth, death, and marriage records taken from the Freeport Journal
Recent additions to active genealogy websites that may prove useful for your research..... Aiden sent this useful website!
www.hmy.com/researching-your-familys-history-from-ships-passenger-lists/House History and Genealogy: Tracing the Roots of Real Estate | RealEstateAgents.com
Would you enjoy looking at old Freeport Postcards? Dave Bochetto shares his website:
- Other useful Genealogy Websites
- . http://www.homeadvisor.com/article.show.History-at-Home-A-Guide-to-Genealogy.17370.html
- www.genealogy.org (federal census records)
- http://www.veritasprep.com/genealogy-resources-by-veritas-prep/ RESOURCE PROVIDED BY "LUKE" A BUDDING GENEALOGIST! THANKS...
- www.homeadvisor.com/r/guide-to-genealogy/.com RESOURCE PROVIDED BY TIM, A 3RD GRADER DOING A SOCIAL STUDIES PROJECT! THANK YOU...
- www.vodien.com/blog/education/getting-started-genealogy-web.php RESOURCE ALSO BY "TIM".....