Visitors to the library who are interested in local history and genealogy are welcome to explore our David H. Prager Memorial Genealogy Department established in 2005. Here you will find:
- The "Freeport Journal" on microfilm 1885-1932
- Various census on microfilm
- Cemetery records (local)
- Free computer access to Ancestors.com
- Birth, death, and marriage records taken from the Freeport Journal
Freeport Middle School students Carter Findlay and Megan Foust developed an interactive historical website. Visitors can select sites, including the library, to see pictures and hear audio descriptions of historical landmarks. Check it out at www.Freeportcommunity.com.
Useful Genealogy Websites
- www.genealogy.org (federal census records)
- http://www.veritasprep.com/genealogy-resources-by-veritas-prep/ RESOURCE PROVIDED BY "LUKE" A BUDDING GENEALOGIST! THANKS...